Living tobacco free is one of the most impactful choices you can make to improve your health, live longer and protect those around you! It also means minimizing your exposure to secondhand smoke where you live, work and play.
How ALA supports Healthy Northland
- Policies that impact the retail sale environment and reduce access and use of tobacco products by youth and adults.
- Advocacy efforts to reduce the use of e-cigarettes, menthol, and flavored tobacco in our communities
- Commercial tobacco treatment for anyone who wants to quit smoking
- Resources and trainings to diverse public health leaders and organizations throughout the region
- Training for professionals in the behavioral health and substance abuse settings to increase the level of cessation support for their disproportionately impacted patients
- Smokefree Housing policies that protect individuals, children and families renters from harmful smoke exposure in multi-unit housing
- Information and support for workplace wellness efforts in the region