Healthy Northland helps create health where we live, work, learn and play. Breastfeeding can happen in any of these settings. That’s what it means to be Breastfeeding Friendly!
Mothers also need a little help from their employer, from health care providers, schools, and child care providers if they are to be successful. More employers across Minnesota are recognizing the business benefits of supporting breastfeeding mothers who are returning to work. Read more about the Minnesota Department of Health’s Breastfeeding Friendly Recognition Program here.
- Minnesota Department of Health – Breastfeeding Home Page
- Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition
- Northland Breastfeeding Coalition
- For employers: Supporting Nursing Moms at Work (U.S. Office on Women’s Health)
Breastfeeding: Simply the Best Newsletters – from the Northland Breastfeeding Coalition
(see event calendar here)
- Winter 2020-2021 BF Simply the Best Newsletter
- Fall 2020 BF Simply the Best Newsletter
- Summer 2020 BF Simply the Best Newsletter
- Spring 2020 BF Simply the Best Newsletter
COVID-19 and Breastfeeding Resources
- La Leche League International (Breastfeeding and Coronavirus)
- Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition (COVID-19 and Lactation Resources)
- U.S. Breastfeeding Committee (Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies, including COVID-19)