Interested in cooking with or for your family? Sign up to learn how to cook four dishes in one night!
William Kelley School, room 115
* While not a children’s class, children interested in cooking are encouraged to come with an adult cooking partner. Individual adults are also welcome to sign up, of course!
To register: Call Tracy Gilsvik, Statewide Health Improvement Partnership at
218-834-8520 or email email@example.com
More about the class here:
In this class you will learn how to stretch your cooking dollars and prepare delicious, healthy and colorful dinners without skimping on flavor. Topics include:
- Essential Kitchen Equipment
- Food cost cutting strategies
- Tips on cutting waste in the kitchen
- Secrets of Freezing Meals
- Menu Planning tactics for stress free weeknight cooking
Learn how to make the following recipes and take home produce so you can make them at home:
Crock Pot Pumpkin Vegetable Chili- with this savory dish, you will never missthe meat! Chocked full of vegetables, this meal comes with a homemade cornbread mix to make on the run.
Kid Friendly Fish Tacos– These tacos are made with tuna for convenience but can be made with any type of cooked fish. Served with Senora Salsa and cabbage for a tasty garnish. This recipe can be used for locally caught fish as well.
Rush Hour Mini Meatloaves– Made with ground turkey these mini loaves are sure to please and can be transformed into countless other dishes during the week.
Blueberry Bread Pudding– A light bread pudding made with whole wheat bread baked in a custard with blueberries and topped with a yogurt sauce.
This class is supported by the