Photo via lutsen.com
SHIP work in Cook County is lead by Sawtooth Mountain Clinic which is located in Grand Marais and frequently partners with Cook County Public Health and Human Services.
Community groups that help guide SHIP work:
- Active Living Steering Committee
- Cook County Schools/ISD 166 Wellness Committee
- Great Expectations School Wellness Committee
- Mental Health Local Advisory Council
Some Current Initiatives:
- Safe Routes to School
- Bike Safety
- Community and school gardens
- Participated in many food distributions during COVID-19 pandemic
Commercial Tobacco Free Living
In an effort to reduce tobacco marketing in the retail environment, municipalities, counties, and states can address the “four P’s” or marketing – product, price, place, and promotion.
(From 4Ps Document linked below)
YouTube Video: Breastfeeding for better health in Cook County