Healthy Northland helps create health where we live, work, learn and play. Breastfeeding can happen in any of these settings! That’s what it means to be Breastfeeding Friendly!
New mothers often need good information to get started and keep going. Mothers also need a little help from their employer, from health care providers, schools, and child care providers if they are to be successful.
More employers across Minnesota are recognizing the business benefits of supporting breastfeeding mothers who are returning to work. In Willmar, for instance, one employer’s efforts to support moms earned them recognition. Read that story here.
- Finishing for Rhonda — After the death of their leader, OB nurses in Moose Lake honor her by achieving her goal
- Carlton County Health Department Receives Breastfeeding Friendly Award from MN Dept of Health
- Breastfeeding Gives Baby’s a Healthy Start at Riverwood Healthcare Center in Aitkin County
- Aitkin County Health and Human Services Receives Breastfeeding Friendly Award from MN Dept of Health
- Some Northland employers take the lead in providing secure spaces for nursing moms
- Learn about more Breastfeeding Friendly places in the state here.