Healthy Northland helps create health where we live, work, learn and play. Breastfeeding can happen in any of these settings! That’s what it means to be Breastfeeding Friendly!
New mothers often need good information to get started and keep going. Mothers also need a little help from their employer, from health care providers, schools, and child care providers if they are to be successful.
More employers across Minnesota are recognizing the business benefits of supporting breastfeeding mothers who are returning to work. In Willmar, for instance, one employer’s efforts to support moms earned them recognition. Read that story here.
- Finishing for Rhonda — After the death of their leader, OB nurses in Moose Lake honor her by achieving her goal
- Carlton County Health Department Receives Breastfeeding Friendly Award from MN Dept of Health
- Breastfeeding Gives Baby’s a Healthy Start at Riverwood Healthcare Center in Aitkin County
- Aitkin County Health and Human Services Receives Breastfeeding Friendly Award from MN Dept of Health
- Some Northland employers take the lead in providing secure spaces for nursing moms
- Map with all of the BF Friendly workplace in Northeast Minnesota: https://www.health.state.mn.us/people/breastfeeding/bflocations.html
- Baby Friendly Duluth https://www.fox21online.com/2018/01/04/duluth-designated-baby-friendly-city/
- Medical Insights: Baby-Friendly Essentia Health https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf-lzFoGWO4
- Recognized for Supporting Moms and Babies: St. Luke’s Earns Baby-Friendly Designation: http://www.slhduluth.com/St-Lukes-News/Health-Stories/2018/Recognized-for-Supporting-Moms-and-Babies-St-Luk.aspx
- Essentia Health-Virginia recognized as first Baby-Friendly hospital on Iron Range: https://www.essentiahealth.org/about/media-article-library/2019/essentia-health-virginia-recognized-as-first-baby-friendly/
- Fairview Range Medical Center Receives Globally Recognized Baby-Friendly Hospital Designation: https://www.fairview.org/Blog/Fairview-Range-Medical-Center-Receives-Globally-Recognized–Baby-Friendly-Hospital-Designation
- Learn about more Breastfeeding Friendly places in the state here.
- US Breastfeeding Committee: Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies, including COVID-19
- Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition COVID-19 and Lactation Resources
Resource for mothers
Breastfeeding Simply the Best Newsletters
- Winter 2020-2021 BF simply the best
- Fall 2020 BF simply the best newsletter
- Summer 2020 BF Simply the Best Newsletter
- Spring 2020 BF Simply the Best Newsletter
- Winter 2019-2020 BF simply the best
- Fall 2019 BF simply the best
- Summer 2019 BF simply the best Newsletter
- Spring 2019 BF Simply the Best Newsletter: current events, news, education
- Winter 2018/19 BF Simply the Best Newsletter: current events, news, education.
- Supporting Nursing Moms at Work: Employer Solutions
- Minnesota Department of Health on Breastfeeding
- Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition
- Northland Breastfeeding Coalition